Reliability & Failure Analysis
Should a product or component fail or not perform to expectations, MCS’s failure analysis expertise can be applied to a huge variety of products and materials.
MCS has many years of experience in conducting material failure analysis investigations across a wide range of industry sectors (electronics, aerospace, defence, oil and gas, packaging etc.). Our clients include manufacturers dealing with customer complaints, materials suppliers and end users.
MCS has qualified chemists and materials scientists who are experienced in a wide range of analytical and investigative techniques.
Scientific excellence underwrites the analysis, but our overall goal is finding practical solutions to our customers problems.
Although every failure investigation is unique, the process always follows a logical sequence of steps…
- First, we will discuss your understanding of the problem and the context in which the failure has occurred.
- We will then prepare a tailored proposal for appropriate investigation. We’ll ask for your feedback at this stage to ensure that we find the most appropriate balance of investigative effort for the available budget.
- Once we have your approval, we will undertake all necessary analytical work, keeping you up to date with developments as the investigation proceeds.
- When the analysis phase has been completed, we will compile a report to present the results along with a clear statement of our conclusions and recommendations.
- We will present our findings to you, your customers and your suppliers to ensure that all parties have a clear understanding of root-cause and suggested solutions.